Mini bong vs bubbler
Mini bongs are cute, portable water pipes that measure roughly 4-6 inches in size and deliver silky smooth, flavorful hits on-the-go.
Because of their small size, the flavor is more potent than traditional bongs. In fact, the small chamber limits the amount of air within so the smoke is naturally more powerful.
This is why many stoners actually prefer mini bongs to their larger counterparts. And it’s no surprise why. A clean, filtered hit that’s cool on the throat but bursting with flavor means you’re extracting the most from your favorite strains.
Mini bongs and bubblers are both considered water pipes. Although similar at first glance, the mini bong and bubbler offer a vastly different experience and high. Perhaps the first sensory signal of their difference is the way they sound: bubblers bubble while bongs rip.
Below is a breakdown of the most important differences between the two:
Bubblers offer the filtration of a bong but the portability and appearance of a pipe.
- Smoother, less powerful hits – Bubblers deliver silky smooth hits that blend the experience of smoking from a bong and pipe into one. The result is a more even-keeled, balanced high.
- Easier to handle – Because of their size and shape, they are blown to be particularly ergonomic, fitting perfectly in the palm of your hand.
- More portable – Since bubblers are even smaller than mini water bongs they are also naturally more portable.
- Easier to store – Mini bubbler bongs fit easily into a stash box or discreetly in your bag on the way to the smoke sesh. Because they can be stored upright or on their side they are easier to conceal.
- Thicker glass – These pieces are mostly made from thick borosilicate glass. They tend to be thicker all around than most bongs, especially around the handle and base of the main chamber.
- Harder to clean – Mini bong bubblers are trickier to clean than normal bongs. This is mainly because you can’t take bubblers apart.
Mini water bongs are smaller versions of standard sized bongs, measuring 6 inches and under. We consider small bongs to be slightly larger pieces measuring just 6-8 inches.
- Stronger high – Mini bongs deliver a stronger high than bubblers because there is more space in the main chamber for smoke to fill which results in a bigger hit.
- Smokes Longer – Bong bowls are generally larger than the bowl on a bubbler so it naturally smokes longer.
- More customizable – Bubblers are all-in-one pieces while mini bongs are more customizable. For instance, you can swap out the bowl and downstem.
- Easier to clean – As with most water pipes, you can remove the downstem and glass bowl. The main chamber is also larger with less angles which makes it easier to clean out.
How much is a mini bong?
Depending on the size, material and features the mini bong price averages between $20-100+. Most cheap mini bongs cost roughly $20-$40, while higher quality pieces cost around $60-$100. If you’re looking to get a deal, it’s best to consider silicone over glass since it is generally less expensive.
Do mini bongs need water?
Yes, as with larger bongs mini bongs need water. That’s why bongs are called “water pipes” instead of “dry hand pipes”. The water helps to filter and cool smoke before it reaches your lips.
If you’ve ever forgotten to fill up your water pipe with water you probably vividly remember coughing up a lung afterwards. Because so much smoke fills the chamber, if you accidentally hit a bong dry, it’s extremely harsh and unpleasant to say the least.
The best rule of thumb when putting water in your mini bong is to fill water just above the slits of the downstem. This is roughly 1-2 inches from the base. If the downstem does not have these slits, simply fill so that roughly ½ inch of water covers the bottom of it.
How to use a mini bong
Learning how to use mini bongs is a rite of passage. We’ll safely assume you’ve never hit a bong before. But if you have, the process is exactly the same as hitting a traditional water pipe. Here are the steps:
- Fill with water – Fill the chamber with water just above the slits of the dowstem through the mouthpiece.
- Light – Once your bowl is packed, place your mouth on the mouthpiece and light the herb. Light it just above so as not to scorch your precious herb, until you see the bowl cherry.
- Inhale – Inhale to draw the smoke into the water pipe. You’ll watch it travel through the downstem, water and fill the chamber.
- Remove the bowl – When you’re ready to take the hit, remove the bowl.
- Inhale – Inhale slowly. If you’re not able to take in the full hit, cup the mouthpiece with the palm of your hand until you’re ready for the rest of it. You wouldn’t want to leave any stale smoke behind, would you?
How to clean a mini bong
The most effective method to clean glass water pipes is to use a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and epsom salt. Simply pour in the mixture through the mouthpiece and cover the openings with saran wrap and rubber bands. Still, if you prefer a more natural alternative you can also use vinegar and baking soda. Here is our detailed guide with steps on how to clean a bong.
Mini bongs for sale
Below are the top mini water bongs for sale in our online headshop. We’ve combined our mini and small bong collections to include any water pipes under 8 inches.
Cheap mini bongs
First, we’ll start with cheap mini bongs for sale for stoners working within a limited budget.
Silicone Foldable Bong – Can you get more portable than a mini silicone bong that fits in your pocket? Folding down to about the size of a wallet, this piece is extremely travel-friendly and discreet. And the best part about this cheap mini bong is that you’ll have more to spend on green.
Mini Silicone Bong Beaker – This 6 inch mini bong made from thick food-grade silicone is another highly portable piece. It comes in a wide range of tie-dye patterns and features a bent neck that reduces splashback. What’s more, the shape of this mini beaker bong not only gives it extra stability but lets you take slightly bigger hits too.
Sriracha Bong – Shaped like a sriracha bottle, this silicone mini bong is the perfect way to spice up the rotation. Measuring just 6.5 inches, this inexpensive mini bong for weed pairs perfectly with some hot wings to tame the munchies to come!
Itty Bitty Mini Bong – This cheap mini bong for sale is currently the smallest in our collection measuring just 5 inches. Made from thick quartz, this water pipe features a touch of green around the mouthpiece and joint.
Iridescent Mini Bong – Another 6 inch mini bong, this piece features a stacked triangular base that leads up to a thin neck and flared mouthpiece. Above all, it has a gorgeous iridescent finish that shines beautifully under different kinds of light.
Mini glass bongs
The most popular mini bongs are made from glass and it’s no surprise why. Glass offers versatility in functionality and design that gives water pipes even more character.
Sprouting Mushroom Mini Bong with Perc – This mini glass bong with its sprouting mushroom neck features a showerhead percolator at the base for ultra diffused hits. Thanks to it sturdy round base, it’s also much more stable and less prone to tipping over.
Glowing Rick and Morty Mini Bong – This Rick and Morty inspired mini beaker bong glows amazingly in the dark. You’ll love ripping from this piece which includes an ice pinch for chilled hits. Plus, this mini ice bong features a beaker base made from thick borosilicate glass so it’s sturdy as well.
Black Double Jellyfish Percolator Bong – If you are looking for a mini percolator bong, this one delivers impeccable function with its double stacked jellyfish percs. Combined with the thick base, curved neck and black silhouette, this is one of those timeless mini glass bongs in beauty and function alike.
Globe Percolator Bong – You have the world is at your fingertips with this glass mini bong. The unique rounded shape allows for a generous rips while the showerhead perc maximizes cooling. This combination translates to big silky smooth hits.
Cool mini bongs
If you’re looking for a mini bong that is trippy, scary or even spooky, these ones featuring monsters, wild beasts and ghosts add an unforgettable element to the smoke sesh.
Glow-in-the-dark Monster Bong – Cool mini bongs like this one are a rare find. The best part about this piece is thatthe many cat eyes embedded throughout the body glow in the dark. Consequently, as soon as night falls the look and feel changes entirely.
Glow-in-the-dark Ghost Bong – Featuring a glowing pattern of ghostly souls, this glass mini bong is hauntingly beautiful. Made from borosilicate, this water pipe features an ice pinch for spine chillingly smooth hits.
Heady Octopus Bong – This cool mini bong features an ocean blue octopus with its tentacles wrapped around the bong bowl and beady eyes peering deep into your soul.
Heady Glass Pineapple Bong – This mini glass bong takes the shape of a pineapple, texture and all. The feel of this piece is particularly intriguing and will keep you entertained one juicy hit after another.
Girly cute mini bongs
These cute mini bongs for sale are sure to elevate any stoner’s collection with their charm.
Mini Heart Bong – This pink mini bong is definitely a heartbreaker with its adorable heart-shaped chamber. So if you’re looking for a way to say the big three, this water pipe is synonymous with I love you.
Pink Mini Bong with Perc – Another mini pink bong, this piece is at the crossroads of beauty and function. Namely, the 5mm thick glass and pink accents throughout magnify the beauty of the matrix percolator.
Rainbow Cloud Bong – This super cute mini bong for sale gives a whole new meaning to what’s on the other side of the rainbow. The unique cloud showerhead perc and bowl will have you floating high in some dank clouds as you burn through the pot at the other side.
Birthday Cake Iridescent Bong – Everyday is your birthday with this mini percolator bong by your side! And when you’re smoking from a thick glass three-layer cake, you’ll be sure to get beyond baked.
Mini bubbler bongs
If you’re also considering mini bubbler bongs, we’ve narrowed it down to our top three.
Sherlock Bubbler Pipe – This curvaceous black mini bubbler with its two percolators cools smoke efficiently so you enjoy the silkiest of pulls.
Hammer Bubbler Pipe – Another stunner, this mini bubbler bong in classic hammer style features a 6 arm tree perc for second to none diffusion.
Iridescent Blue Glass Hammer Pipe – This piece has a mesmerizing iridescent finish that shifts dramatically in color depending on the light.
The Charm of Mini
It’s clear that mini bongs bring a lot to the table. Their small size is actually what makes them so desirable. Between their notoriously flavorful hits and cute package, they prove the power of mini to charm and elevate alike.