No pipe, no papers, no problem. Herb and a little ingenuity can go a long way. You can make an all natural homemade pipe or bong from a surprising number of fruits and veggies – from bell peppers to pineapples to the most notorious: the apple. The best part is just how easy, cheap and natural an apple pipe is. Here’s our guide on how to make an apple pipe in just under a minute. It’s safe to say, you’ll never look at an apple the same way from here on out.
Materials to make an apple pipe
The best part about making an apple pipe is that you don’t need much. You’ll likely have all the supplies you need lying around the house.
- Pen or chopstick
- Toothpick or nail
How to make a pipe out of an apple step-by-step
Making an apple bong is just about as easy as it gets. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be toking in no time!
- Remove the stem – Pull out the stem which will form the bowl.
- Remove the ink casing from the pen – Remove the ink from the pen so you’re just left with the outer tube. You can use a chopstick instead if you have one on you.
- Make the bowl – Carve out the bowl with the pen (with the ink and tip removed), the chopstick or using a knife.
- Create the mouthpiece and carb – Poke the pen right through the middle of the apple, through the core all the way through so there’s a hole on both sides. It should be directly underneath where the bowl will be.
- Connect the bowl and mouthpiece – Take a toothpick or nail and poke a small hole to connect the two passages.
- Test the airflow – Breathe in from the mouthpiece as a test to make sure that the airflow is good.
- Pack a bowl – Pack the bowl into the top of the apple.
- Smoke it – Hold your finger over the back hole which is the carb, and inhale through the front hole. When you’re done taking the hit, release the carb.
More natural homemade pipes
If you don’t have an apple, these other fruits and veggies make great alternative DIY pipes:
No pipe, no papers, no apple?
If there’s a will, there’s a way. So if you don’t have any fruit or veggies in the house, you can always try using an empty cigarette casing, a hot knife or crafting your own gravity bong. Or go out into the garden and pick a few petals from the roses to roll your own rose blunt. Here’s our guide on how to smoke weed without a pipe or papers so you can try one of these other methods out. The options are endless so we trust you’ll find a way to craft your own makeshift pipe one way or another!
Do you have more burning questions around cannabis?
Email us at [email protected] with your questions/topic suggestions and we will get back to you!