Similar to how there are many ways to get high in today’s legal market, there are many different ways to smoke weed. Luckily, the internet and cannabis culture has proven that even the most basic household items can create a homemade water bottle bong for you to get high off your favorite flower.
In this article, learn the top best ways to make a homemade bong with simple materials you can find anywhere. Follow the step-by-step instructions for creating the ultimate bong setup made with just a few at-home items.
Making A Plastic Water Bottle Bong
Have you ever been in a situation with some dank weed but no way to smoke it? The homemade plastic water bottle bong makes for a simple setup and a quick and easy solution! As you’d assume, the main tool needed for this type of water bottle bong is a plastic water bottle itself. After cleaning out the plastic bottle, grab the following items:
- aluminum foil
- a pen, scissors, or sharp object to poke a hole
- a small tube for the stem (from packaging, an empty pen base, etc.)
How To Make A Water Bottle Bong: Step By Step
Once you have all of your materials together, the process of creating a useful bong out of the plastic water bottle is short and simple. Follow these step-by-step instructions for making a homemade bong and bowl for it.
- Take the water bottle and fill it up to a quarter of the way with water.
- Use your sharp object to poke a hole near the top of the neck of the bottle. This will be your carb hole you cover with your finger to prevent the smoke from moving before you inhale.
- Next, pierce a hole lower down the bottle with your sharp object. This will be the stem part of your bong that holds your makeshift bowl.
- Take the small tube material you’ve chosen as the stem and stick it into the pierced lower hole. A good example of a material for the stem is a thick pen or marker with the center insides removed.
- Taking a few sheets of aluminum foil, wrap around the top part of the stem sticking out of the bottle. Press down gently into the center of the foil to make a bowl shape.
- Take a pin or small sharp object to pierce tiny holes through the aluminum foil bowl. This allows smoke to easily move throughout the homemade bong.
- Once you have all of your pieces in tact, you’re ready to pack your bowl and take a nice rip!
How To Make A Bowl For A Bong
If you’re in a scenario where you need to make a homemade bong, you probably need to make a bowl for it, too! When it comes to plastic water bottle bongs, oftentimes the easiest fix for making a bowl is out of aluminum foil. Some people question the use of aluminum foil and its safety for using it to smoke weed. However, it can also be considered no different than cooking or grilling with aluminum foil. It’s important to consider any health risks before consuming and inhaling.
On the other hand, many stoners use aluminum as their ‘go-to’ makeshift bowl because of how the foil can be easily manipulated to the desired shape and size. No matter if you use aluminum foil or some other similar material, don’t forget to poke a few small holes at the bottom of the bowl! This allows smoke to exit your bong and help you inhale.
How To Smoke A Water Bottle Bong
Now that your water bottle bong is made, you can finally test it out! Although it may look like a typical bong, your water bottle bong should be treated more carefully due to the materials it’s made with. Learning to smoke a bong can happen in just a few easy steps, and a water bottle bong is no different:
- Pack the bowl. Take your desired amount of weed and put it in the aluminum bowl.
- Place a finger on the carb hole. Make sure you cover the hole tightly while you’re inhaling.
- Put your mouth over the top of the bong. Create a tight seal with your mouth over the water bottle as you light up the weed in the aluminum bowl.
- As the water bottle bong is filling with smoke, inhale deeply and move your finger off the carb hole. The smoke should smoothly swift up the water bottle chamber and into your lungs for a hit.
- Hold in the smoke and exhale. If this is your first time smoking from a water bottle bong, take a few minutes to assess how you feel before repeating.
Tips For Smoking A Homemade Bong
Although you are super proud of the water bottle bong masterpiece you’ve created, it’s recommended for one-time use, or temporarily. The plastics and materials that make up the bong itself aren’t meant for long-lasting use. However, while you do enjoy your homemade water bottle bong in the meantime, check out these few tips to make the most of your experience:
- Make sure all holes cut and pierced to make the bong are clean and clearly defined. All seals should be tightened before inhaling.
- Thoroughly clean out any contents that were in the water bottle before using. Nobody wants a sugary soda gunk taste in their bong rip!
- If you are going to take a few rips out of your water bottle bong, make sure to pour out and change the water after each use.
Overall, what makes a water bottle bong so simple and useful is the at-home materials that are required. Next time you have some weed handy but no material to smoke it, keep these steps for building a water bottle bong in mind. With just a few everyday materials, you can create a handy and unique homemade bong for any situation!
Do you have more burning questions around cannabis?
Email us at [email protected] with your questions/topic suggestions and we will get back to you!